Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dinner In Beijing (By Dean)

Hi everyone, Dean here with my first post. We did a lot of relaxing, napping and unwinding today. Breakfast, swim (in a really cold pool), lunch and then a stroll around the neighbourhood.

Here's Amelia and I at lunch. Thank Yoda the menu had numbers and lots of pictures!

Amelia was able to find some sort of playground that also served as an excercise playground for adults. It was kinda weird to see Amelia hanging on the monkey bars and then see an elderly woman a 10' away doing leg excercises on the adult monkey bar.


This is one of the bigger back alleys of Beijing. Fortunately for me, there are also lots of coffee shops down these back alleys.
I used to love playing Chinese chess. I almost wanted to see if i could get in on a game, but I decided I didn't feel like getting schooled by people who would mock me in a language I don't understand. I prefer to get mocked by people I can understand.

After talking with the other dads to be, we've determined that while we're all looking forward to having new daughters, we don't really know what's going on and we just show up when we're told to show up. It seems the wives run show, which is just fine be me.

Anyways, we're off to the gardens and the Lama Buddhist Temple tomorrow. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Countdown

Backgound