Saturday, August 16, 2008

We are Going to China!

So, our facilitators (Family Outreach International) have already made all of our travel arrangements for us. They make it so stress free and easy for us. Here is our basic itinerary so far...

On the morning of Saturday, Sept 20 we leave Edmonton, land in Vancouver, and then hop a plane for the 11 hour flight to Beijing. When we arrive in Beijing it will be Sunday afternoon (weird to lose a day!). We will spend one night in Beijing and then fly to Nanchang on Monday, Sept 22. The same afternoon that we land in Nanchang we get to meet Iris for the first time! WOW! We spend 6 days in Nanchang with Iris and then we all fly to Beijing for a week. The whole family will arrive home in Edmonton on October 3.

It is going to be an amazing Thanksgiving the following weekend! So much to thankful for! And an amazing Christmas! Aaaahh...life is good!

It's amazing how quickly you can fall in love with someone. The first time I looked at her picture, I don't think it really hit me, that this is my daughter. An hour or two later I looked at the picture and my heart melted...she is already a part of our family.

Dean just said to me...'Do you feel like we are on the initial climb of a roller coaster about to take our first big dive into our new life?' I said 'Yes, and we are still trying to get our seat belts on!'

We have had more than 3 years to prepare for this moment, and now it seems we aren't ready at all! I'm so ready to have Iris in my arms, but we have so much to do in the house to prepare for her arrival! The next five weeks will be insanely busy, but so much fun!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, you guys! Iris is so beautiful, and we love her name. I've got tears in my eyes imagining how it will be when you meet her for the first time. What a long wait, but so worth it. We can't wait to meet her. -Chantel, Trav, and Ophelia

Countdown

Backgound