Saturday, August 16, 2008

Introducing Iris Beatrix Xiukang Helmig!!

On August 13, at 11:15am, we got the call we have been waiting for for the past 3+ years! We have another daughter!!! Her Chinese name is Xiao Xiukang (Xiu means beautiful, elegant; Kang means healthy); we are going to call her Iris Beatrix Xiukang Helmig. She is the sweetest thing!

We are all over the moon!! Amelia is so excited to become a big sister! We will be heading to China on September 20, 2008 to finally meet her. Only 5 weeks from today!

A few details...her birthday is February 4, 2008 (that makes her just 6 months old!) and she is at the Xiajiang Social Welfare Institute in Jiangxi Province. She is healthy and in the development report that was sent to us she is described as 'growing well, she is chubby and cute. Her eyes are bright. She is a great child.'

I love it!!
We are in love!! More to come!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Every time I look at her sweet face I cry... I'm just so happy for you guys. I absolutely can't wait to meet her as I'm sure you are feeling a thousand times more than I!
This is all happening so fast eh? Perfect and strange all at the same time! ... hey you're having a baby in a month... weird!
Words can just not express how happy I am for your family!

Hannah said...

Alright I admit it, I was intimidated to leave a post on your blog, but I'm too overwhelmed with joy not to record it for posterity.

What a gorgeous girl! David and couldn't be more pleased for you; limbo is a tough place to live, thank heaven the wait is almost up and she will be here before the season really changes - wow! I can't stop using exclamation points!

Daydreaming about our girls growing and playing together... such lovely timing, in the end!

Congratulations!

Countdown

Backgound